Palm trees grace the monuments for Dodger past. From behind center field, upper deck of left field is graced by Jackie Robinson, sculpure of LA logo in on the way to the upper deck gates, escalators to upper deck gates, scuplture of Jackie Robinson sliding into home, and a Bobblehead doll gloating over the Mets loss. Thank God it’s a Bobblehead doll and you can sock him (w gloves of course bc Dodgers have hard heads).
Watching the game from Iconic Dodger Stadium, from the upper deck, on third base side. The Mets courteously gave up 4 straight losses to appease their hosts.
Clockwise, from upper-left
- Antonio Gate, TE for the SD Chargers, threw the ceremonial first pitch
- Ryu was starting pitcher for Dodgers, and brought contingent of asian fans to stadium that day
- Orel Hersheiser (Dodgers) and Keith Herandez (SNY) working in adjacent booths.
- Attempted stolen base by a Met
- Granderson hitting a double
- One of Bellinger’s rips.
- Flores trying to work out a 3-1 count
- Attempted stolen base by a Dodger
- Pitch is already by the Dodger batter
- Visitor dugout with the Mets looking like they’re hungover from partying with the L.A. models
- Duda thrown out at home, try to score on sacrifice fly, with pitcher on deck.
- Steve Matz, throwing one of his 100+ pitches that night. 5 innings, 3 hits, 3 runs I believe. Yeowman’s work, I think the term is, which the Mets threw away.
- (center) Pitch sitting right there, which explains the 2 homers given up by Matz.