Great city. I can’t drive around in it without accidently ending in Cambridge, or Revere. And forget looking for a free parking spot.
From upper left, clockwise
- I started in Boston, on Sudbury? I still don’t know how I ended up in Cambridge.
- Back in North End of Boston. I think I found a parking spot for lunch. Or I deluded myself into thinking it was ok to park there.
- Best Cioppino
- Finished Raw Oysters
- Raw Bar in North End
Clockwise from upper right.
- Trading post
- Outlet Mall
- Good looking lobster
- Mike’s Clam Shack
Now, I just have to figure out where Jackson Hole is and why they mention it in the news.
…Is it just me, or is it less smoggy in the New England air (below)?
Arrived early in the morning in Portland, from Boston, where I had the best French Fries (above. Drove all night. Clockwise from upper left.
- Old Customs House
- Lobster Traps… Mmmm
- More reminder of Lobster
- Shops along the Wharf
- Gilbert’s Chowder! Best greasy Fish and Clam New England Chowder. To this day, I mix sauteed fish and shrimp and bacon bits to my Campbell’s Clam Chowder.
- Portland Ship Terminal
Can you say “Pilgrim” like John Wayne?
Counterclockwise from upper right
- Crabbyshack… insert image of local floozy
- Sushi and Sashamy?
- The Mayflower?
- Sign pointing out the location of the Rock
- Shops along the Park
- There’s an actual “Plymouth Rock”. I don’t know if I should be underwhelmed, or surprised that a rock actually exists.
A bite at a local clam shack chain. Recommend the fried clam necks.
And the local color, clockwise from upper left
- Ferries to Martha’s Vineyard. I always wanted to know where this was.
- Cape Cod Times
- Bear with my posture issues
- A penguin trapped in a car without windows cracked
- Peculiar taxonomy of a seagull or albatross. Reminds me of Han Solo in “carbonite”. And Jabba the Hutt “I Will Not Give Up My Favorite Decoration“
- Angry guy sayings
- JFK Memorial
- Indian guy who loiters here
- The local beach bum welcoming customers
- More local sayings
Above is the Cliff Walk around the Mansions in Newport RI
Below was one of the candidate Hotels. A coffee shop that used to be a bank. And the welcome sign to the city
Departure from Port Jefferson Ferry to Connecticut.