Near the end of our trip, we take a rest here. Wrapping normally from upper-left
- Petco Park, near Gaslamp District
- Gaslamp District
- Mission Beach Boardwalk
- Volleyball on Mission Beach
- More Mission Beach Volleyball (It’s the big, big beach)
- Surfing establishment on Mission Beach Boardwalk
- Sunset on Mission Beach
- Beach at La Jolla (yes, it’s small and cozy)
- Panorama of Mission Beach
Santa Monica. According to a cab driver, Santa Monica has a different municipal government, than the rest of Los Angeles.
Griffith Observatory. Can you find Dodger Stadium?
Bixby bridge (above)
Started in Santa Cruz
To Big Sur, and ending in San Luis Obispo, where my halfway point was from San Francisco to Los Angeles. If you travel south, you are on the side of the road next to the coast. It is easier to stop at the scenic areas and take pictures.
Wrapping normally, from upper-left
- Napa Valley downtown shops, restaurants, hotels
- Shops downtown Napa Valley
- Map of wineries in Napa Valley. Many offer tours and wine tastings
- Beringer winery
- Grapes at Beringer
- Wine tour
- Cup of wine
- Fancy wine barrels
- Wine storage underground
Deepest lake in North America, I think it said. Or what happens to rain water that has no where to go, when trapped inside the caldera of a dead volcano.
From upper-left, wrapping normally from top to bottom:
- Crowd gathering for free band and eats at Italian festival in downtown
- Food vendors behind band
- Train / Trolley system stop
- Chinatown gate
- “All dogs deserve to be spoiled”
- Bar / restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Food trucks
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- Train / Trolley
- Chairs at Ben and Jerry’s have a interesting noise and shock reduction system
- Repurposing old snow boards into benchs
BBQ. The brisket was so smoky. The pulled pork was flavored perfectly. The ribs had a perfect soft but firm consistency off the bone. I had a food coma afterward.
Sunday Farmer’s market at Portland State University
The Canada-USA border by car from viewpoint of train (above).
Train Station is nearby CenturyLink Field. Wrapping normally from upper-left.
- Inside King St Station
- Welcoming you in, for good coffee
- CenturyLink Field
- Inside Zeitgeist Coffee shop
- Zeitgeist Coffee
- Outside of King St Station
Pike Place Market. It’s a huge market. Fresh seafood, restaurants, vendor stands.
At Lowell’s, clam chowder sprinkled w Paprika? Cayenne?
I can’t remember the place anymore, but everything was pretty good.
Ferry to Alki Point, wrapping normally from upper-left
- Clock at Seattle’s Ferry/Water Taxi Terminal
- Ticket line for Ferry/Water Taxi
- Help to get to Water Taxi
- Alki Point is on West Seattle?
- Obelisk at southside of Alki Point Beach
- Restaurant at Alki Point
- Bus running from Alki Point Water Taxi terminal throughout West Seattle
- WaterTaxi schedule
- Clam Chowder with dil (dil added to cream sauces, seems to be a West Coast thing)
- Fish and chips
- Alki Point Beach
- Menu from a restaurant Alki Point Water Taxi terminal
- Fish tacos from a restaurant Alki Point Water Taxi terminal
On to Portland, OR! Bolt Bus stop near Chinatown. From the left,
- Chinatown gateway as seen from BoltBus stop
- Area map
- Area map
- SafeCo Field, as we leave Seattle
Landed in vancouver. Took subway into city.
Yaletown, wrapping normally from top-left. The trendy neighborhood.
- Yaletown shops and restaurants
- Canada plates
- Different block of Yaletown neighborhood
- Another angle a block in Yaletown
- Vancouver airport customs
- Public restrooms
- Sushi in Yaletown
- Chinese Food in Yaletown
Bulldogs in Vancouver!
Granville, wrapping normally from upper-left
- Granville St
- The polar bears, we don’t judge, not that there’s anything wrong
- More shops on Granville, Starbucks further down
- Rubbernecking in Canada, some things are the same, everywhere
- Waterfront station
- Japadogs, asian flavored hotdogs
Waterfront / Sea Terminal, wrapping normally from upper-left.
- Waterfront station
- Trolley down Cordova St?
- Cruiseship parked on waterfront
- Disembarking cruise travellers
- Shanghainese restaurant for chinese dumplings
- Near Waterfront station
- How I discovered the chinese dumpling place
- Yes, I tried a japadog. It’s ok.
Capilano, wrapping normally from upper-left
- Capilano park over a valley, with suspension walking bridges (they sway) spanning them, and across the trees in the forest.
- Bridge suspended between trees. Where was this when I was a kid, and still wanted a treehouse?
- Different angle of bridge suspended by bridge
- I think I’ve seen this guy before.
- Different kinds of lumber
Gastown. A couple of nice restaurants. And I think a underground tour starts here.
Chinatown, Rogers Arena Stadium, World of Science, wrapping normally from upper-right
- Chinatown gate
- Edge of chinatown
- Stadium w retractable roof (BC Place?)
- World of Science
- Edge of Rogers arena where some kids are skateboarding
Stanley Park, wrapping normally from upper-left
- Map of Stanley park
- Beach on the park
- Stone sculpture
- Concession stands in park
- Warnings about the scourge in our parks! The seagulls!
- Another map of park
Robson and Denham
- Robson St has a string of restaurants from Denham to Granville
Train Terminal to Seattle, wrapping normally from upper-left
- Leaving from waterfront station
- Leftover dumplings
- Subway outside VIA train station
- Pacific Central station
Starting in Vancouver Canada. Newark airport in the morning. NJ Transit bus from Port Authority, NYC to Newark airport.