Near the end of our trip, we take a rest here. Clockwise from upper-left
- Petco Park, near Gaslamp District
- Gaslamp District
- Mission Beach Boardwalk
- Volleyball on Mission Beach
- Surfing establishment on Mission Beach Boardwalk
- Mission Beach
- Beach at La Jolla
- Mission Beach Volleyball
Santa Monica. According to a cab driver, Santa Monica has a different municipal government, than the rest of Los Angeles.
Griffith Observatory. Can you find Dodger Stadium?
Bixby bridge (above)
Started in Santa Cruz
To Big Sur, and ending in San Luis Obispo, where my halfway point was from San Francisco to Los Angeles. If you travel south, you are on the side of the road next to the coast. It is easier to stop at the scenic areas and take pictures.
Counterclockwise, from upper-left
- Napa Valley downtown shops, restaurants, hotels
- Map of wineries. Many offer tours and wine tastings
- Beringer winery
- Cup of wine
- Wine tour
- Fancy wine barrels
- Wine storage underground
- Grapes at Beringer
- Shops downtown Napa Valley
Deepest lake in North America, I think it said. Or what happens to rain water that has no where to go, when trapped inside the caldera of a dead volcano.
Clockwise, from upper-left
- Crowd gathering for free band and eats at Italian festival in downtown
- Food vendors behind band
- Train / Trolley system stop
- Chinatown gate
- “All dogs deserve to be spoiled”
- Bar / restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- Train / Trolley
- Repurposing old snow boards into benchs
- Chairs at Ben and Jerry’s have a interesting noise and shock reduction system
- Food trucks
BBQ. The brisket was so smoky. The pulled pork was flavored perfectly. The ribs had a perfect soft but firm consistency off the bone. I had a food coma afterward.
Sunday Farmer’s market at Portland State University
The Canada-USA border by car from viewpoint of train (above).
Train Station is nearby CenturyLink Field. Counterclockwise from upper-left.
- Inside King St Station
- CenturyLink Field
- Inside Zeitgeist Coffee shop
- King St Station
- Zeitgeist Coffee
- Welcoming you in, for good coffee
Pike Place Market. It’s a huge market. Fresh seafood, restaurants, vendor stands.
At Lowell’s, clam chowder sprinkled w Paprika? Cayenne?
I can’t remember the place anymore, but everything was pretty good.
Ferry to Alki Point, clockwise from upper-left
- Clock at Seattle’s Ferry/Water Taxi Terminal
- Ticket line for Ferry/Water Taxi
- Help to get to Water Taxi
- Obelisk at southside of Alki Point Beach
- Restaurant at Alki Point
- WaterTaxi schedule
- Fish and chips
- Alki Point Beach
- Fish tacos from a restaurant Alki Point Water Taxi terminal
- Menu from a restaurant Alki Point Water Taxi terminal
- Clam Chowder with dil
- Bus running from Alki Point Water Taxi terminal throughout West Seattle
- Alki Point is on West Seattle?
On to Portland, OR! Bolt Bus stop near Chinatown. From the left,
- Chinatown gateway as seen from BoltBus stop
- Area map
- Area map
- SafeCo Field, as we leave Seattle
Landed in vancouver. Took subway into city.
Yaletown, clockwise from bottom center
- Vancouver airport customs
- Yaletown shops and restaurants
- Different block
- Canada plates
- Another angle of #2
- Public restrooms
- Sushi in Yaletown
- Chinese Food in Yaletown
Bulldogs in Vancouver!
Granville, clockwise from upper-left
- Granville St
- The polar bears, we don’t judge, not that there’s anything wrong
- More shops on Granville, Starbucks further down
- Waterfront station
- Japadogs, asian flavored hotdogs
- Rubbernecking in Canada, somethings are the same everywhere
Waterfront / Sea Terminal, clockwise from upper-left.
- Waterfront station
- Trolley down Cordova St?
- Cruiseship parked on waterfront
- Disembarking cruise travellers
- Shanghainese restaurant for chinese dumplings
- Near Waterfront station
- How I discovered it
- Yes, I tried a japadog
Capilano, clockwise from upper-left
- Capilano park over a valley, with suspension walking bridges (they sway) spanning them, and across the trees in the forest.
- Bridge suspended between trees. Where was this when I was a kid, and still wanted a treehouse?
- Different kinds of lumber
- I think I’ve seen this guy before.
- Different angle of bridge suspended by bridge.
Gastown. A couple of nice restaurants. And I think a underground tour starts here.
Chinatown, Rogers Arena Stadium, World of Science, clockwise from upper-right
- Chinatown gate
- Edge of chinatown
- stadium w retractable roof (BC Place?)
- Edge of Rogers arena where some kids are skateboarding
- World of Science
Stanley Park, clockwise from upper-left
- Map of Stanley park
- Beach on the park
- Concession stands in park
- Warnings about the scourge in our parks! The seagulls!
- Another map of park
- Stone sculpture
Robson and Denham
- Robson St has a string of restaurants from Denham to Granville
Train Terminal to Seattle, counterclockwise from upper-left
- Leaving from waterfront station
- Subway outside VIA train station
- Pacific Central station
- Leftover dumplings
Starting in Vancouver Canada. Newark airport in the morning. NJ Transit bus from Port Authority, NYC to Newark airport.