Cross-country Trip started in 2016 (Current)
- Budget We are on a constrained budget for this trip. So some method of revenue via remote site would help. Camp when possible to save on lodging costs.
- Fuel This is heavily related to distance
- Food Cheap eats
- Time More time means more cost. Too little time, means we likely wasted opportunity to do something local while there
- Distance Need to get efficient path to minimize distance
- Climate Important as camping conditions are limited.
- Entertainment …Point of interest search. Great Places to photograph. Things you have to try.
The original plan in Aug
Looks kinda like the outline of a “U” on it’s side.
The computer just suggests a least distance itinerary, based on destinations I sent. The program used:
- Google Distance API (to construct distance cost matrix)
- Google Geocoding API (to verify location is valid)
- Google Static Maps API (to produce the map images)
- Google Search (1/15/2017, to get alternative address)
- Weather Underground website (for historical weather on a date). The trip here begins by revisiting New England
Follow computer recommendations, as conditions allow.
My Ishikawa diagram or Reasons why the buttered side of toast might land face down
- Stealth Camping is frowned upon… everywhere
- Parking Tickets
- Unknown electronic toll roads, and you won’t know until you return and check your mail
- Confusing roads, increase the chance of accidents
- Losing GPS or Cell data network in a completely foreign location, or you’re f—ed and delayed hours looking to get on any road you recognize
- Unintentionally alarming local law enforcement, or why you always keep your hands in plain sight
- Arcadia National Park gets pretty cold for camping, even in November. Or we need to develop a heat strategy for camping.
- There may be gaps of days between showers, depending on location. Or we need a smell protocol.
- Mechanical Problems such as
- Leaving car window open during rain storm, caused a short which drained the battery. A jump start solved the problem, but…
- Battery died from the full discharge, so replacement was necessary
- Coolant system was overheating from malfunction in the fan control system. Only new fuse was needed. But a oil change and several refills were necessary before the diagnostic.
- Tire pressure needs to be monitored constantly, esp if you were stealth camping